Terms and Conditions
Part One: Fees and Refund Policy
- Unless full payment has been received, no student shall be entitled to commence any training course.
- It is the responsibility of the student, to ensure PMU Beyond Artistry has received proof of payment for course fees.
- In the event of a student being unable to complete any course/courses, or part of the course/courses, no portion of the fees will be refundable.
- Rewrites of failed examinations are subject to an administrative fee payable in advance to the school.
Part Two – General Terms and Conditions
- If PMU Beyond Artistry is given one month’s notice of a problem regarding commencement of a course, or continuation of attendance at a course; or where illness or injury makes attendance impossible; the student may commence or continue training at a later date, at the discretion of the School.
- Should it become impossible for PMU Beyond Artistry to commence or complete any course due to circumstances beyond its control, the school may at its own discretion transfer the course, or a portion of the course, to a later date.
- Where a scheduled training course cannot take place, for reasons beyond the control of the school, the School may reschedule the training session to another date.
- Only students of a minimum age of sixteen years and older may enrol for a Professional Make-up Training Course.
- Diplomas will only be awarded to students once they reach the minimum age of eighteen years. They can however commence their studies at sixteen or seventeen.
- Proof of identity either in the form of a copy of a passport or identity document showing a photograph and personal details will be required before any student may access a course.
Part Three: Course Structure
- Language medium – All training and correspondence is in English. Fluency in reading and writing this language is recommended to competently participate in this course.
- Syllabus – PMU Beyond Artistry reserves the right to re-arrange or alter the structure and contents of the training syllabus.
Part Four: Course Requirements
- As outlined on our website (also available on request in the form of a document) under ‘Training Requirements’, a student is required to own or have access to the accessories, products, stationery and equipment listed.
- Students need to have a sufficient knowledge of computers and the internet to be able to study online – this includes downloading and uploading files and images, editing and formatting documents (MS Word and PDF documents), basic editing of photos, i.e. cropping and compressing (resizing), e.g. with Microsoft Picture Manger, as activities, feedback tasks and assignments must be submitted in a specified format.
Please ensure you have the necessary computer knowledge as the school does not take responsibility to teach such skills.
Part Five: Module Evaluation
The short courses are studied in the order in which they are presented on our training site and entry into a future course is only permitted if the former requirements have been satisfied. Students start with Level One Training and progress to Level Two on successful completion of Level One training.
- Make-up Attendance Certificates will be awarded for each course completed.
- Tests are compulsory.
- There are no Final Tests or Examinations. The certificate is awarded upon completion of the course.
- Diplomas are awarded upon the satisfactory completion of all the required individual courses prescribed for the Diploma/s, provided that the training is completed within four years of commencement of the first individual course and the successful completion of both a theoretical and practical examination.
- All courses, tests, activities, feedback tasks, assignments and examinations are compulsory.
- Rewrites of assignments and examinations submitted will only be accepted on presentation of a medical certificate or other appropriate official documentation. Acceptance thereof is at the discretion of the School.
- Lecturers are authorised to request that students resubmit feedback tasks that do not represent a required minimum standard before permitting them to move on to other upcoming tasks/material.
- Home assignments, tasks and all tests each contribute towards the overall mark. A 50% aggregate constitutes a pass for short courses and 70% aggregate constitutes a pass for the diploma programme.
- Any fraudulent use of original course material in assignments, tasks, tests or examinations shall render it null and void and no marks will be able to be awarded.
- Where a student fails a course or module, there may be one rewrite per course at the current examination rewrite fee. Failing the rewrite requires re-enrolment for the complete course.
Part Six: Website Usage
These Terms and Conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”) govern your (“the User”) use of PMU Beyond Artistry (“Provider”) website located at the domain name http://pmu.co.za/school (“the Website”). By accessing and using the Website, the User agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out in this legal notice. The User may not access, display, use, download, and/or otherwise copy or distribute content obtained on the website for marketing and other purposes without the consent of the Provider. All material on the website is for personal study use only.
- Electronic Communications
By using this Website or communicating with the Provider by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be in writing.
- E-Commerce & Privacy
The Website http://pmu.co.za/school offers study material online. The student/user indemnifies and holds the Provider harmless against any loss, injury or damages which may be sustained as a result of using products / techniques suggested on the Website. The private information required for access to the website, namely the User’s personal information, delivery address and telephone numbers will be kept in the strictest confidence by the Provider and not sold or made known to third parties. Only the necessary information, that is the delivery address and contact phone number will be made known to third parties delivering the material if so required. The Provider cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the User’s electronic device (Personal Computer or other electronic device used to browse the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that the User may inadvertently have installed on his/her device.
- Updating of these Terms and Conditions
Provider reserves the rights to change, modify, add or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
Provider provides certain information at the Website. Content currently or anticipated to be displayed at this Website is provided by Provider, its affiliates and/or subsidiary, or any other third party owners of such content, and includes but is not limited to Literary Works, Musical Works, Artistic Works, Sound Recordings, Cinematograph Films, Sound and Television Broadcasts, Program-Carrying Signals, Published Editions and Computer Programs (“the Content”). All such proprietary works, and the compilation of the proprietary works, are copyright of the Provider, its affiliates or subsidiary, or any other third party owner of such rights (“the Owners”), and is protected by South African and international copyright laws. The Providers reserve the right to make any changes to the Website, the Content, or to products and/or services offered through the Website at any times and without notice. All rights in and to the Content is reserved and retained by the Owners. Except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, the User is not granted a license or any other right including without limitation under Copyright, Trademark, Patent or other Intellectual Property Rights in or to the Content.
- Limitation of liability
The Website and all Content on the Website, including any current or future offer of products or services, are provided on an “as is” basis, and may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Owners make no warranty or representation as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of the Content. Neither Provider nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary of Provider, shall be held responsible for any direct or indirect special, consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred, related to the use of, or the inability to access or use the Content or the Website or any functionality thereof, or of any linked website, even if Provider is expressly advised thereof.
- Choice of Law
This Website is controlled, operated and administered by Provider from its offices within the Republic of South Africa. Access to the Website from territories or countries where the Content or purchase of the products sold on the Website is illegal is prohibited. The User may not use this Website in violation of South African export laws and regulations. If the User accesses this Website from locations outside of South Africa, that User is responsible for compliance with all local laws. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and the User consents to the jurisdiction of the Witwatersrand High Court in the event of any dispute. If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of these Terms and Conditions, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Provider and the User with regard to the use of the Content and this Website.